Monday, May 18, 2015

Self Tanner + Review

I always go back and forth between spray tans and tanning beds. I know, tanning beds are bad!! The only problems I had with getting a spray tan all the time were the prices of them, the smell, and dealing with the patchiness it eventually left me with. I recently stopped tanning in the beds and knew I would have to find an alternative to be tan eventually. I
The other day when I stopped by Ulta to grab some things I saw self tanner on the shelf. I always see a lot of makeup artists on YouTube use self tanner so I just decided to grab the one that looked the most efficient. The reason I picked this one is because I'm sort of scared of using a spray tan out of a can because I feel like if I happen to just spray it too close I'm not going to be able to fix it and make it look natural. So I picked a mousse that came with a mitt. I read reviews on it from ultas website and people didn't say that best things about it but I just wanted to try it for myself. Everyone likes different things and different things work for them. A complain they had a lot of the reviews was that they felt like it washed off and it left no color. Which was completely false for me. Everyone kept commenting that I looked super tan but if anything it could of been a little dark than not dark enough in my opinion. The good things people said about it was that it didn't really have a bad smell and it was pretty much odorless. I kind of agree on that but I felt like there was a smell when I was first applying it and it lasted until I washed it off. Once I washed it off I didn't notice a smell like I do when I get spray tans. 
The name of the tanner is NKD SKN by Vita Liberata. It's about $20 and the color I got was dark. The reason I got dark is because I feel like my skin never does well with lighter colors and I feel like this color worked out perfectly for me. You have to make sure you buy the one that isn't just a bronzer that washes off! Be sure to grab the one that says it lasts for about a week! I have worn the tan for 5 days now and I feel like the color looks like I just put it on yesterday. The only thing I can complain about was that when I was applying it I felt like it dried pretty quickly and it made it hard for me to rub out any streaks. However I did it fast enough to where it didn't streak on me. Once I applied it I left it on over night and washed it off in the morning. I also can't complain about the color because I think it was pretty close to perfect for a self tanner. A lot of people kept asking about it so I thought it was an overall great pick!! After my mom saw it on me she even went and stole it and put some on!! So this tanner definitely gets a thumbs up from me and I will for sure be using it until it's gone. 

Xo, Chloe





No comments:

Post a Comment