Friday, November 14, 2014

How to be a good friend

I'm not saying I am the best friend out there...but I do feel like i've learned a few things over the past couple of years. Being a friend to me is being someone that another can rely on. Someone that uplifts you and helps you when you are in need.  Someone that is selfless rather than selfish. I've learned that the more selfless you are, the more people want you as a friend. Being a friend is being honest. Friends always want your honest opinion about things whether it's what they should wear or who they should date. To me, the MOST important thing about being a friend is being someone that is trustworthy. Someone that will do what they say and keep their promises. People want a friend that knows when to apologize. Admit if you think you have done something wrong. Don't be a friend that uses people. If you borrow or use something of theirs offer to give back. If a friend tells you something in confidence, don't go behind their back and share it with other people. Be supportive with anything they choose to do (with reason). A person wants a friend that has their back and encourages them instead of discouraging them.
Again, I'm not saying I do all of these things perfect all the time but these are the things I've learned from experiences!! xo!





No comments:

Post a Comment